Intellectual property (IP) includes the ownership of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, domain names and license rights.
These are among the most valuable assets of organizations and individuals in the modern economy, but identifying and protecting these assets can be very complex. Willingham & Coté, P.C. applies a pragmatic approach to each client’s IP matters to obtain results consistent with the client’s needs. With the expansion of activity on the Internet, Willingham & Coté, P.C. continuously updates its legal services to counsel clients in this arena as well.
The firm has provided intellectual property and Internet legal services for a wide variety of clients, including financial institutions, software developers, state and national trade associations and other nonprofit organizations, automobile dealerships, Internet-based businesses and many other types of businesses as well as individuals. Legal services provided by Willingham & Coté, P.C. include:
- Counseling clients on their selection of names and trademarks
- Preparing, filing and maintaining trademark and copyright registrations
- Securing copyright in “works made for hire” by contractors
- Preparing and recording IP assignments and security interests
- Conducting intellectual property audits and due diligence
- Preparing and responding to cease and desist letters and DMCA notices
- Drafting and reviewing licensing agreements
- Website legal audits; Website development agreements
- Preparing IP and Internet usage policies for employee manuals