Stephen D. Foucrier is a shareholder and has practiced law for various years. He is a member of the firm’s Insurance Law Group. Mr. Foucrier specializes in appeals, first party no-fault litigation, coverage disputes, and third party auto claims. He has many years of experience in handling matters in court in that he has drafted and answered discovery requests, drafted motions, attended court hearings, has taken various depositions of both lay witnesses and expert witnesses, has handled appeals, and has handled all steps of the litigation process including trials.
Stephen Foucrier’s practice focuses on first and third party No-Fault litigation involving the defense of insurance companies, as well as insureds who are alleged to be at-fault in automobile accidents. He also handles premises liability and appellate matters, insurance coverage disputes or issues, and has represented landlords against claims brought by their tenants. Stephen’s interest in the insurance industry and personal injury law started when he worked as a law clerk for the Department of Insurance and Financial Services in 2014 and 2015.
As part of providing thorough representation throughout the legal process, Stephen has developed skill and experience in handling discovery and motion practice, depositions, hearings on contested motions, case evaluation and facilitative mediation, trial, and appeals. He has represented clients involved in complex civil litigation and defended clients against claims that have met or exceeded the threshold to be considered catastrophic..
Legal Community Involvement
Stephen has also presented on various legal topics and issues at a number of speaking engagements. He recently spoke at a seminar held by the Insurance Alliance of Michigan (IAM), where he discussed the effects of the No-Fault Reform on utilization review. In addition, he has spoken to law students at events held by Michigan State University College of Law regarding the legal practice.
Prior to joining Willingham & Coté, P.C., Stephen clerked for the Honorable Rosemarie E. Aquilina of the Ingham County 30th Circuit Court. He also worked as an associate attorney for Hackney Grover at its East Lansing location.
He is currently on the Board of the Ingham County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and is an active member of the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel.
In his spare time, Stephen enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter. He enjoys sports, and looks forward to weekend walks and outings with his family.
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Eaton County Bar Association
- Lansing Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Trial Defense Counsel
- Ingham County Bar Association-Young Lawyers Section (Board Member)
- Insurance Alliance of Michigan, No-Fault Reform September 2019-2021
- Ingham County Bar Association-Young Lawyers Section, No-Fault Reform February 2020
- MSU College of Law, MSU Law Trial Practice Institute January 2020
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel on November 5, 2021 – The Art and Value of Persuasion in ADR: Trials and Tribulations for Litigators, Mediators, and Judiciary.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Top 5 Under 35 from the Ingham County Bar Association 2021
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A.)
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D. Magna Cum Laude)