John A. Yeager is an attorney and has practiced law for over 40 years. He is a member of the Insurance Group for the firm. Mr. Yeager specializes in coverage defense for insurance companies and has handled first party no-fault litigation, various coverage disputes, environmental insurance issues, and commercial coverage matters. He has many years of experience in handling matters in court in that he has drafted and answered discovery requests, drafted motions, attended court hearings, has taken various depositions of both lay witnesses and expert witnesses, has handled appeals, and has handled all steps of the litigation process including trials.
John Yeager is a member of the firm’s Litigation Group. He helps clients with insurance law and environmental law. With over four decades in the insurance law field, John is a recognized by insurance companies and industry organizations in the area of insurance. In 2014, Mr. Yeager was recognized by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as a Leader in the Law in the area of insurance coverage.
Currently, John is limiting his practice to selected matters for existing clients. He is also developing his avocation for music as an amateur musician and songwriter.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Insurance and Indemnity Section
- Ingham County Bar Association; past Chair of the Environmental Law section
- American Legion
- New Horizons International Music Association
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of Michigan, 1976
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Pro hac vice in courts in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, California, Washington, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia
- Michigan State University (B.A., 1973)
- Wayne State University (J.D., magna cum laude, 1976)