Associations are important to keep American businesses functioning at the highest standards for their industry. Associations are member based and work as advocates to ensure each member of the association is keeping pace with the global marketplace and equipped with the skills to manage the business into the future. Associations create industry certifications and standards of quality, ethics, sustainability and safety.
Our attorneys are proud to represent various associations in the Michigan community. We have been long-time members of both the Michigan Society of Association Executives and the American Society of Association Executives. In 2017, our firm was recognized by the Michigan Society of Association Executives with a Certificate of Excellence for the legal services it provides Michigan’s associations.
Our firm has represented various associations in the alcohol beverage industry, grocery industry, auto dealer’s industry, home owners associations, and the insurance industry.
Legal services for associations and other nonprofit organizations include:
- Entity formation, articles of incorporation, bylaws, tax-exemption status
- Chapters, subsidiaries and foundations
- Tax law and regulatory compliance
- Conflict of Interest and other board policies
- Sarbanes-Oxley, ethics and fiduciary compliance
- Insurance and liability issues
- Legal audits
- Endorsement, licensing and other contracts