Willingham & Coté, P.C.
Paternity Disputes

If a child is born out of wedlock, either the mother of the child or the State of Michigan on referral of the Department of Human Services can file a paternity action in the county in which the child resides. If the father denies paternity, the court will order a paternity test. Once paternity is proven, the Court may award both child support and confinement expenses against the father of the child. Confinement costs are the costs associated with the pregnancy by the mother.

Paternity Disputes Blog

View all